Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas

We were able to spend Christmas at my parents house in Henderson before our move to Colorado. I drove the little boys down there on the 16th while Chad loaded up a moving truck and started driving it to our new home. I took care of the kids in Vegas and Chad got our stuff moved into the new place. We kept arguing about who had the more difficult job. I did. For sure. A few days later he flew out to Vegas and we celebrated Christmas with my family. Christmas eve was fun, as always. Out to dinner, new Christmas pjs, and Dad reading from Luke 2. We missed Tia, but we knew she was opening up her Christmas pajamas in the MTC, and having a great Christmas there. Blake enjoyed his FIRST Christmas, peacefully snoozing under the tree while Santa set up the presents for him and Parker.

Parker on the other hand, wasn't quite so peaceful. He figured out how to climb out of the pack and play, and was up crying all night with Chad. I think the terrible twos have begun, mixed with a cold. Even with the bad night, Santa still decided to leave a few things for Parker. Highlights were his train set,


and "Dorothy" the fish that looks just like Elmo's fish. (Actually there are 2 fish in the bowl. Santa took precautions in case Dorothy didn't last until Christmas morning).

The Zwick family traditional pull-apart breakfast was a hit, of course, and other than a few more melt downs from the toddler who didn't sleep on Christmas Eve... It was a really fun day. Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

Deon said...

moving to Colorado? Did I miss that post? Your boys are so dear - we miss you!!

Zwick family said...

I miss you guys!!! I wish that we could've done more while you were here too. Love you!

Andrea