Sunday, January 24, 2010

Colorado

A post to clear up some confusion... Yes, as much as we really did love St. George, at the end of December we packed up and moved to Grand Junction, Colorado.



Chad was working as a retail pharmacist in St. George, but was still itching to get back into the clinical side of pharmacy and get more use out of his MBA. He applied for a sweet job in Colorado, and actually getting it was kind of a long shot... we thought. After a few interviews and flights out to Grand Junction, Chad is now working as a clinical pharmacist for a big insurance company and healthcare provider here, doing what he always wanted to do with his MBA and PharmD degrees, doing drug research and making formulary decisions. He is in love with his job, and we are so happy to be living here.




We live in a really small town outside of Grand Junction. It is snowy, but beautiful, and everyone has been really welcoming. We are excited to live in this area and we are looking forward to all of the fun out-doorsy adventures that we now have to be a part of. Looks like it's time to dust off the skis and snowboard, buy a mountain bike, and learn how to camp. Are we ready for this?



Blake seems to think he is :)

5 comments:

Tristina said...

So glad to get the update on your move! Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for Chad - congrats!!! And what a beautiful place!

Happy that you are doing well - we miss you guys!

winston and jillyn egan said...

Wow...what an adventure. That is awesome and what a beautiful place. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of jealous. And your li'l man just keeps getting chubbier cheeks. I LOVE THEM!!!

lauren ann said...

congrats but Im bummed bc I was planning on hanging out next time we are in St G!!! Well good luck on the new setting- sounds fun

Zwick family said...

Of course he is! I love my Big B!!!!

Katie said...

Blake is super cute. So, you guys are fearless. Off to CO for another new start. Sounds like a perfect fit for Chad though - that is awesome.
So, Emily - I have to tell you that when I had my baby last week - the nurse was totally YOU. It was so crazy - I told Joey before he got to the hospital - I can't wait until you get here and meet my nurse - it's EMILY BURNHAM. And he couldn't believe it either. It was awesome because I felt like she was already my friend and we all know it matters more who your nurse is than your doctor. She was awesome. So, I feel like you and I just hung out or something. seriously, she talked like you, looked like you and had the same mannerisms. crazy stuff.