Thursday, August 27, 2009

Parker's smile

Cute little Park's huge grin has been one of his trademarks since the day he first learned how to smile. He is such a cheeser and love to show off his pearly whites. Well, his smile which looked like this yesterday:



Looks more like this today:



He was running full speed in the kitchen, tripped, and faceplanted on the stone tile. He bit through part of his lip and significantly chipped his front two teeth. I feel so bad for him, and I am so upset about it. Poor little guy, keeps sticking his finger in his mouth, to feel the weirdness, but doesn't understand that he looks any different, so he keeps smiling away. Wow. I am so glad that his baby teeth were the only major casualty of the fall, but man, am I the worst mom for being so effected by it??? Those little teeth really need to be fixed before the other nursery kids make fun of him.

10 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

Oh no! That is too bad! Poor little guy. I bet he still looks adorable, and I love his cheese.

Zwick family said...

Em,
I'm SOOOOO sorry!!! I hate when they get hurt!!!! Give him a kiss and a hug from all of us!

Andrea

Lindsey, J.D. said...

Awwww I am so sad too!! Poor little Park!! At least I know you handled the episode well. I am going to freak out when my kid falls and does that, as I know he probably will. Anyway, we need to chat sometime soon. Call me sometime if you get a free moment!

jami said...

oh sad. Poor guy! I am sure no one will make fun of him, or at least not to his face! j/k

winston and jillyn egan said...

Poor li'l guy. Take a pic of his new cheeser. And your totally not a bad mom for letting it effect you...that means your a good mom for caring that much.

Lacey said...

oh poor little guy, and poor mommy, i would be really sad too! i actually chipped my tooth once, just like the dumb and dumber chip. pretty funny.

Sally F said...

I totally understand! Tyler fell and chipped his front teeth, and one of them turned grey. The dentist said not to worry about it, but I feel like a loser mom sometimes when people see his teeth! Thank goodness they're just baby teeth.

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

Poor guy! We had a good laugh over the dumb and dumber picture! We want a picture of his new smile!!

Angela Hill said...

poor little guy!!! but don't worry, none of the other kids will even notice, he's still perfectly adorable I'm sure!!

Nick and Sabrina Zurcher said...

Emily it has been a long time. I randomly came across your blog. Congrats on your 2nd. I had no idea you were even pregnant again. two boys are so much fun!