Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Trip Installment 3: Henderson

The last part of the trip was going back to Henderson to try to help everyone get settled in. Henderson is great! I really loved being there. The city is WAY bigger than I imagined it. It is gorgeous, with every street beautifully landscaped with palm trees. There seems to be a new beautiful park, upscale shopping center or golf course on every other corner. Parker loved being able to spend time with his Zwick side cousins, Spencer and Ellie, and of course his Grandma, Papa, and aunts and uncles. One of my favorite places in Henderson was the "District" at night. It is a fancy outdoor mall that lights up at night, has an old fashion carousel, and live music and outdoor movies on Friday and Saturday nights. It was fun to go there at night to eat and walk around. By the time Parker and I flew home, everyone seemed to be in the swing of things, and fitting right in with all the Henderson natives.

Parker had a blast watching Ashley's tennis matches. Here is a picture of that, plus a few others of Andrea's kids and us at the district.

3 comments:

Tia Zwick said...

Oh my, I love the district shops and carousel! It's all so awesome there. Steph and I are going to visit for conference weekend. We leave tomorrow after some classes! Yay! She's never been yet. Too bad you won't still be there. Parker is getting so big! Of course, he's cheesing it in every picture. Aw, I miss my little man!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Is there ever a picture that Parker is not smiling in.

So ADORABLE. Give him a kiss for me.

Zwick family said...

I miss you! I will always remember these fun days with you and Park!
Love,
Mom