Thursday, September 18, 2008

Trip installment 1: Movin' Out


Parker and I flew to Vegas, just in time to drive up to Utah, labor day weekend for the final move out of the Alpine house... And labor we did. It was an exhausting weekend full of packing, cleaning, many tears, many laughs, reuniting and goodbyes. I was able to go through my storage boxes in the basement and condense them. Not much condensing actually happened due to my ultimate sentimental outlook on life. I have deflated balloons, labeled from specific birthday parties and first dates, ticket stubs, stacks of journals, and every note I ever received from 6th grade on-- those are classic) Old pictures and journals brought back floods of old memories. Good times. The Shelleys hosted a big goodbye party on Sunday night, where we got to mingle with the ward family. (picture of Jeff, Steph and Ash, 3 of my siblings) It was hard saying goodbye to the house and Alpine for the last time. Just driving through the city, I have a memory that goes with every street corner. Alpine was good to me, and the perfect place to grow up. It was fun to reminisce and let the memories sink in again. I had to stay strong and upbeat for Matt and Ash, who have now started school in Henderson as the 3 of us and Parker drove back to Nevada on Monday night. We had a good time and good talks the whole way there. I love my two youngest siblings. They are such great friends, and are so fun to be with. So... So long, farewell Alpine! Viva Las Vegas.

(I had to make the pics really small to fit them all in, but they all blow up if you click on them)

7 comments:

Brittany said...

i love how you had deflated balloons for each birthday! classic emily, classic! Im sorry you had to say goodbye to alpine though. Sad.

Nate and Lori said...

I nearly cried just reading that. Just think...you guys get to do that all again in a few months when you leave Baltimore. Sad.

Jewels said...

So sad, moving from the house you grew up in!! Im glad though that you got to be there!! that would have been much worse if you hadnt been there!

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

Sad day! I hope your family comes to love Las Vegas too. I can't believe how much older Matt and Ashley look! It's been way too long since I saw them last!

winston and jillyn egan said...

That is the saddest post. I know how it feels to have your parents move from the house you grew up in but not say goodbuy to the town/state for that matter. Luckily you got to go say goodbye.

SusieQ said...

Tell your family if they run into any Foutz's in Henderson, they are probably related to Harold. He grew up in Vegas and still has lots of family there.
I'm sure Matt and Ashley will settle in quickly and love it there.

georgeandmarie said...

So sad!! your little man is getting so big and is just so darn cute!!