Thursday, January 31, 2008

Saying goodbye to Grandma

Well, 2 weeks flew by and this morning my mom left to go back to Utah. It is always sad to say goodbye to my mom, but today I realized that it is even worse to have to watch someone that loves Parker just about as much as I do, have to say goodbye to him. It was so great having my mom her the past couple of weeks, to share in all of the excitement of Parker's first moments, and to help me out in my first moments as a mom. All that I know, I learned from her, and I hope to someday be even half of the mother that she has always been. So, now I am sitting here, eating a delicious chicken caesar salad that she made yesterday, and trying to find something to do during Parker's nap since all the laundry is done and we have dinners in the freezer for the next few days. Thank you Mom for everything. It was so much fun to have you here. All three of us really love just "hanging out" with you, and now the house seems a little empty without you. We miss you already, and we will never forget the past 2 weeks!

On a happier note, Parker went to the doctor yesterday for his 2 week check-up and had gained almost a full pound in one week. This little boy sure loves to eat, and it is starting to show. Parker is now a whopping 7 pounds, 7 ounces. Last night we put Park in this cutest little outfit that my mom brought for him, and took some pictures.... no blog post is complete without pictures of Parker.




11 comments:

Angela Hill said...

He really is beautiful Em!! They grow so fast don't they? Enjoy every minute of it!!

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

So sweet! I love your little family picture with you all wearing brown, so cute!

Jeff said...

Oh please...obviously we're still friends. I look forward to your regular patronage to my site.

The Drawes said...

That's such and incredible picture of the 3 of you!!!

Laura said...

moms are the best! parker is a beautiful baby - perfect skin and just darling! love all the photos....

Kristy Stoner said...

Emily,
I just saw that you had your baby! CONGRATULATIONS! Parker hu? Great name! :) He really is so cute! He's just got a perfect little face! I'm so excited for you guys!

Steve and Amanda said...

Emily...I love your little boy..so handsome. I hate that he will be 2 or maybe even more before I see him. I am so sad that your mom left, but atleast you got her for 2 weeks.

Starley Family said...

He is super darling. It's so hard to say goodbye to fam but at least when something major happens (like a gurgle sound) there is someone on the other end of the phone that gets as giggly and excited as us moms.

The Chase's said...

Congrats on your baby. He is such a cute baby! They are so fun. Congrats again.

Shelley said...

Wow, he's already a little stud muffin!

jamirodana said...

Congrats on your sweet baby boy! Having a boy first is the best in my opinion. He gets to be the "body guard" to the rest and of course the little sister's.
By the way, I'm Andy and Jeff's sister and happened upon your blog through Andy's blog.