Sunday, December 16, 2007

Mary and Joseph




Chad and I were asked to be Mary and Joseph in the live nativity outside the Washington D.C. temple. They dressed us up in the full costumes complete with a beard and mustache for Chad. We had to practice a couple of times to get our parts right, and then we were on. It was such a great experience for us, we loved every minute of it... what a way to put us in the Christmas Spirit. My friend Katie and I (who are both pregnant right now) were talking today about how neat it is to be pregnant with a little boy at this time of year. It brings a special spirit to the season. Merry Christmas everyone.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat experience! I'm that's one you will never forget!

callie said...

what a cool thing emily! what a sweet way to remember the nativity than performing it...with your husband...and baby boy in the oven! okay, were you just BITTER cold up there though?? hopefully the little babe was keeping you warm and snug

Angela Hill said...

Fun!! I think that makes you the most famous people I know!!!

adventure knitter said...

wow! that's amazing! what a cool experience to have this time of year.

Lisa said...

That's so cool! You're famous! You look great in the pictures...like the real thing!

Jen Richards said...

It is so awesome you got to do this! My parents were actually Joseph and Mary in a live Nativity pageant one year- it was so fun. I wish I could have seen you :)

The Drawes said...

This is actually really cool!! I looked at these pictures without reading what they were and it freaked me out. It made a lot more sense to read up on it and it seemed like the perfect thing for you guys to do! Sounds like a perfect evening!!!

Can life really get any better?!?!

Steve and Amanda said...

That is so cool...wait until after you have him and then everytime you watch the Christmas story you will relive every moment of having a baby! Steve says, Mary was young and beautiful...you must have played her PERFECT!

The Sorensens said...

My little Ava is loving looking at "Mary and Joseph" and is begging me to go back and look at your page again. You guys definitely pass the authenticity test.