Sunday, April 12, 2009

St. George week 1

We moved here to St. George last weekend. We absolutely love this little town and feel so at home here. My parents kept Parker for the weekend and Chad's parents helped us get settled in, in our new house. Thanks to both of our parents for all of the help! We were able to get completely moved in, and even decorated for the most part all in those 2 days. We love you so much and couldn't do it without you! I forgot how much you can get done when you don't have to chase a toddler around! We were so happy to see Parker again, and show him the new place. He loves it and was thrilled to see his room and all of his toys again. We love being so close to family and have already had SO many visitors. We love having visitors, so keep coming! Now that we have been here a week, here are some highlights... and one major lowlight of our first week in St. George....

1. Beautiful weather and awesome Utah scenery! We can't get enough of our view from our house!


2. The St. George art festival last Saturday, and so many parks and fun places for Parker to run around


3. Great Food! Fry sauce thrown in the bag, Pizza factory breadsticks, countless trips to Cafe Rio, In n Out Burger, Jack in the Box, and this adorable little cafe on main street that has the best cupcakes in the world!


I could go on and on with all of the good things we have experienced in just this short week. Our fun came to a screeching halt on Saturday when we experienced the worst, scariest parent moment we have had so far. Parker was starting to feel a little warm while we were out, so on our way home to take his temp and give him some tylenol, he had a full blown seizure that lasted for 4 minutes. Watching that was the longest 4 minutes of my life. We were taken in an ambulance to the emergency room, where we got his fever under control and did some tests. Turns out it was just a febrile seizure, from a temperature that shot up really quickly, and we got to go home a few hours later. He is doing fine now, and even though he is pretty sick, he is starting to act more like himself. We are so grateful that everything turned out okay. We love this little guy so much. It hurts to see him have to go through hard things like this. Here is a picture of him right after we got home from the hospital. Our little Mr. Personality can't pass up a moment to pose for the camera!


So, it's been an eventful week. Chad has now started his job, and loves it, and Parker and I are recovering at home, eating lots of popsicles with tylenol and motrin on board round the clock :) Hopefully in a couple more days we can get back outside to enjoy this wonderful St. George weather!

8 comments:

Sally F said...

So scary!!!! I'm glad everything turned out alright.

Joe, D.D.S. said...

Whoa! I almost started crying myself. I can't even imagine what that would be like. Glad the little guy is okay and that you guys are loving St. George.

Lindsey, J.D. said...

Oh my GOSH Em!!!! Joe g-chated me (up in the office studying) to read your blog and I had no idea I'd be getting such scary news! Poor little Parker. I am so sorry you had to experience that. I am so glad everything is ok now. Wow. Glad you're enjoying life otherwise!! Hang in there Park!

Armstrongs said...

Nolan had a seizure when he was about Parker's age. I agree it was the worst parenting experience so far. Nolan's was febrile seizure as well. I am so sorry...

We are looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks at the wedding.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Em, I was so worried when I heard about your little guy. He's such a tough little man. That had to be a nightmare. Love you guys. Glad he's feeling a little more like Park Man.

winston and jillyn egan said...

Oh my gosh that is so scary. And look how happy he is. What a good li'l guy you have. I'm glad he is okay and I hope he is getting better. Congrats on everything.

Treasure Valley Family said...

AHHH! What...You moved to St. George...My St. George. I can't believe it. My heart is pounding right now. How I wish that were me. LUCKY! You know, I was just there for 3 weeks. I left on the 31st so I just missed you. Love you guys. I guess I might see you guys again soon.

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

How awful! I can only imagine! I'm so glad Parker is feeling better and it was just a one time thing. We think about you guys all the time and are glad that you are enjoying St. George. We're looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!