Friday, March 20, 2009

The Decision was made!

We have been going back and forth with the decision of whether or not Chad should accept a job offer as a Pharmacist now, or do a one year residency. He had a couple of residency interviews and felt pretty confident that he would get this particular position at a hospital here in Vegas. The week that we had to decide if we were "in" or not, Chad got a great job offer in St. George, Utah.... a perfect location for us. We felt really good about it and knew that this was the right decision for our family. So, Chad withdrew his name from the residency match, and we took the position in St. George. We are so excited!!!! We keep driving up from Vegas and checking out places. St. George is gorgeous and we are thrilled to get to start our new life there. We found a cute little house to rent for a while and we move in the first week of April. We feel so lucky to be only 90 minutes from my family in Vegas and also so close to Chad's family's vacation spot at Lake Mead. We are expecting lots of visitors, so come and see us!


9 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations on the job! We're happy for you guys, St. George really is the perfect place for you. We'll be sure to come and visit!

Joe, D.D.S. said...

I take back everything I said about St. George...in the end I was born there. Congrats guys. We miss you but it looks like the sun shines brighter outside of Baltimore.

Lindsey, J.D. said...

I am so excited for you guys! I'm sure it is nice to have things figured out! Yes I think you are making us a little jealous about that "next phase" of life. Sounds great. But that's okay, we will get there. I don't know when we'll visit but I promise we will eventually!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job Chad. I'm excited for you guys, it really does sound like the perfect fit. It's wonderful how things work out in life. Lisa and I will have to swing by and say hi to you guys. It will give us a good excuse to escape the cold.

Katie said...

WOW - cool beans! Some of our best friends live there. Devin & Monica Brady. So, if they happen to be in your ward then - tell them hi. And also - another bestest friend - Suzanne Hurst is from there. So, if you are going to do home improvement stuff and shop at Hurst Harware - that is Suzanne's dad. Ok, i'm a nerd. I know St. George is huge, but... AND oh my goodness Parker is so cute. I just love you guys.
PS the Austins are moving here so now you have 2 very good reasons to visit memphis. we're trying to talk them into being our next door neighbors.

Tia Zwick said...

The house is sooo cute! I'll call on Friday when I'm driving through to see where you're at! I'll be visiting A LOT. :)

Deon said...

Yay! Congratulations - stay there until we retire and are old and crotchety - wait, ok, we already are but wait until we retire because we may join you. We miss you guys!

Liz said...

WHAT????? I didn't know you guys left Maryland already! Congratulations! I REALLY am happy for you.

Starley Family said...

Congrats on St. George you guys! Not to far from San Diego, eh?