Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving

I have been slacking with my posts lately and I have a lot to catch up on.... First, Thanksgiving. We had a great time with our friends out in Maryland. We rented a sweet cabin on Deep Creek Lake with the Skinners, Dastrups, Walkers and Millers.
It snowed the day we got there, which made the trip even better. The cabin was perfect, decorated for Christmas, complete with multiple flat screen TV's for football and parade watching, a hot tub room, and beautiful sunsets. We had a blast staying up laughing and playing games til about 3 am every night once all the kids were asleep. Thanksgiving dinner was fabulous, as everyone made their specialty dishes, and Jeremy made one of the best turkey's I've ever had. Since Parker can crawl now, he tried to experiment with the stairs, which resulted in him falling down this entire flight of wooden stairs on Thanksgiving night. Amazingly, he didn't have one scratch or bruise, and was perfectly content after about 2 minutes. He's a tough kid. It was so nice to be with such good friends on Thanksgiving since we are all so far away from our families. We all have a lot to be thankful for. I am so grateful for all of the blessings in my life. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!!!

8 comments:

jami said...

I am LOVING the servey one the old boyfriends thing. I heard you have yourself a little stocker. It sounds about right. I am still laughing my guts out.

Lacey said...

that survey made me laugh! oh man. Poor little parker, wooden stairs. oh man i am sure it hurt you more than it hurt him. these babies are so resilient.

callie said...

oh my lil' chad replica! i can't believe it. looks like you had a blast!...minus the fall

Laura said...

Emily - you guys look great! how fun to get a cabin and just get away for thanksgiving! parker is a cutie....better watch out!

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

Your last two entries make me miss you guys so so much. First, I love Chad's survey! It's so Chad and I can just imagine us sitting around debating it. Second, the cabin looks amazing and it reminds me of all the holidays we spent together and how fun it was. I wish we could be there to hang out and fun some fun! Come visit soon! And move close!

Melissa said...

um, wow. that place is fabulous! Parker is so so cute! and tough too - boys are so fun! Looks like a fun thanksgiving.
Another note - that survey is hilarious. Who?

Nathan said...

So now we're all worried about checking your blog too much since you are tracking it all. Just to explain our visit for today, Nate and I were arguing about how long you two were married before having Parker. Why? Because we're crazy. Anyways, hope you have a Merry Christmas and good luck with all of the blog stalkers.

Nathan said...

oh, and that was Lori